Bone broth does not sound very appetizing- let’s just be real! But when you actually have it, you realize that it is literally just a soup base, but this soup base is different. It is one of the most nutrient dense, healing foods that are available on this planet. It has even become so popular that there are places that sell to-go cups of broth only!
Bone broth can be made out of beef, chicken, fish, turkey or lamb bones. It was originally made by our ancestors, as a way to use every last bit of an animal. Bones, marrow, tendons and ligaments that you can’t eat directly are boiled and simmered over a period of a few days. The boiling causes the bones and ligaments to release healing compounds such as collagen, proline, glycine, gelatin and glutamine. Altogether, these compounds form the miracle mixture that we know as bone broth.
Now let’s get into the health benefits!
• Heal your gut- bone broth has the potential to heal a leaky gut- which is a root to numerous health conditions. The gelatin in the broth can help to “seal up” holes in the intestines.
• Protect your joints- The gelatin can also act as a soft cushion between your bones, allowing them to glide without friction.
• Sleep Better- The glycine in bone broth can help improve sleep quality
• Immune System- The broth’s high mineral content works to strengthen your immune system
• Hair, Skin & Nails- The collagen in the broth supports all three of these important parts of our bodies.
• Improved Digestion- Broth is easy for your body to break down
How do I make it?
• 3-4 lbs of bones
• 1 gallon water 1.
Add bones to water and simmer for at least 8 but up to 24-72 hours.
How do I use it?
1. Drink it by itself
2. Use it instead of water to make quinoa
3. Use it as a soup base
4. Use it to cook veggies
5. Dehydrate to make buillon powder
If you haven’t yet, consider adding this superfood to your diet!
GOLO® is committed to providing you with the helpful tips and resources needed for personal success on a lifelong journey of health and wellness. It’s time to become #YourBestYou. Be sure to check back in next Monday for some more #MealPrepMonday tips!
Visit GOLO.com to access all the weight loss tools GOLO has to offer!
GOLO is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any illness or disease. This blog provides general information and discussion about health and wellness related subjects. The words and other content provided in this blog, and in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. GOLO encourages you to consult a doctor before making any health changes, especially any changes related to a specific diagnosis or condition. All opinions and articles linked to and from this page are those of the individuals concerned and do not necessarily represent those of GOLO, LLC or its employees. No responsibility can be accepted for any action you take or refrain from taking as a result of viewing this page. GOLO will not be liable for any errors, losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.