Getting tired of the same old breakfast? Try our Sweet Potato Mash Breakfast Bowl! It is different, delicious and will keep you full until lunchtime!
Makes 2 servings
• 1 cup sweet potato, baked and very hot
• 1 egg, whisked • 1 ripe banana, peeled
• 2 tsp. butter or coconut oil
• ¼ tsp. cinnamon
• Sea salt, to taste
• 2 oz. nuts (your choice)
1. Bake the sweet potato at 400 F for about 45 minutes. (Make sure to use the potato straight out of the oven – this is important because the heat will cook the whisked egg).
2. Peel & mash the sweet potato.
3. In a bowl, combine the sweet potato and whisked egg. Mash the potato quickly and mix until the sweet potato is smooth and it is totally combined. Continue mixing until the egg loses its gloss, for about 30 seconds to 1 minute (this step is very important because it is what “cooks” the egg).
4. Add banana, butter (or coconut oil), cinnamon and salt and mix together until very smooth. Add more cinnamon and/or salt to taste.
5. Split into two servings and top each serving with 1 oz. nuts.
GOLO® is committed to providing you with the helpful tips and resources needed for personal success on a lifelong journey of health and wellness. It’s time to become #YourBestYou. Be sure to check back in next Monday for some more #MealPrepMonday tips!
Visit GOLO.com to access all the weight loss tools GOLO has to offer!
GOLO is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any illness or disease. This blog provides general information and discussion about health and wellness related subjects. The words and other content provided in this blog, and in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. GOLO encourages you to consult a doctor before making any health changes, especially any changes related to a specific diagnosis or condition. All opinions and articles linked to and from this page are those of the individuals concerned and do not necessarily represent those of GOLO, LLC or its employees. No responsibility can be accepted for any action you take or refrain from taking as a result of viewing this page. GOLO will not be liable for any errors, losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.