Have you ever thought of having nachos for breakfast? Sound strange? Sounds off-limits on a GOLO life? Well, maybe not. Check out GOLO’s Sweet Potato Breakfast Nachos recipe. YUM!
Makes 2 servings
• 1 sweet potato, peeled and sliced into ¼ inch thick slices
• 2 Tbsp. olive oil
• 1 tsp. paprika
• 1 tsp. garlic powder
• Sea Salt and pepper (to taste)
• ½ cup bell peppers, diced
• ¼ cup green onions, chopped
• ½ cup shredded cheese (your choice)
• 1 jalapeno, sliced (optional)
• 2 eggs – fried
• 1 avocado, halved and sliced
• ½ cup tomatoes
• 2 tbsp. Greek yogurt (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, combine the sweet potato slices, olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 40 minutes, turning once.
4. Remove sheet from oven, and top with bell peppers, green onions, cheese and jalapenos (optional).
5. Put sheet back into oven and broil for 5 to 10 minutes (time depends on how hot your oven gets – start checking it at 4 minutes)
6. Remove from oven and evenly distribute the nachos out onto 2 plates.
7. Top each serving with a fried egg, ½ of an avocado, ¼ cup tomatoes, and 1 Tbsp. Greek yogurt (optional).
#GOLO is committed to providing you with the helpful tips and resources needed for personal success on a lifelong journey of health and wellness. It’s time to become #YourBestYou. Be sure to check back in next Monday for some more #MealPrep tips!
Visit GOLO.com to access all the weight loss tools GOLO has to offer!
GOLO is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any illness or disease. This blog provides general information and discussion about health and wellness related subjects. The words and other content provided in this blog, and in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. GOLO encourages you to consult a doctor before making any health changes, especially any changes related to a specific diagnosis or condition. All opinions and articles linked to and from this page are those of the individuals concerned and do not necessarily represent those of GOLO, LLC or its employees. No responsibility can be accepted for any action you take or refrain from taking as a result of viewing this page. GOLO will not be liable for any errors, losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.