Avocado toast is a pretty popular breakfast on the GOLO plan.
For #MealPrepMonday, we want to share a savory way to spice it up!
Spicy Shrimp and Avocado Toast
Serving size- 2 pieces
FV per serving- 175
• 2 slices of whole grain bread
• ½ of an avocado
• ½ lemon
• Pinch of salt
• 3 oz. shrimp (peeled and tails removed)
• 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning (recipe below)
• ½ lemon
• ¼ tsp. salt
• Olive oil
GOLO Cajun Seasoning
• ½ cup paprika
• 1/3 cup Pink Himalayan sea salt
• ¼ cup garlic powder
• 2 tbsp. black pepper
• 2 tbsp. onion powder
• 1 tbsp. cayenne
• 2 tbsp. oregano
• 1 tbsp. thyme
1. Place the raw shrimp in a bowl. Add Cajun seasoning, salt, and olive oil. Mix and set aside for 1 hour to marinate.
2. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. When the skillet it hot, add a drizzle of olive oil. When the oil is hot, cook the shrimp about 1-2 minutes per side. Set aside the cooked shrimp and squeeze fresh lemon juice over them.
3. Mash up your avocado with a pinch of salt and lemon juice from ½ a lemon
4. Spread the avocado on top of your toasted whole grain bread, and top the avocado with the spicy shrimp
GOLO is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any illness or disease. This blog provides general information and discussion about health and wellness related subjects. The words and other content provided in this blog, and in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. GOLO encourages you to consult a doctor before making any health changes, especially any changes related to a specific diagnosis or condition. All opinions and articles linked to and from this page are those of the individuals concerned and do not necessarily represent those of GOLO, LLC or its employees. No responsibility can be accepted for any action you take or refrain from taking as a result of viewing this page. GOLO will not be liable for any errors, losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.