Shepard’s Pie is definitely a crowd pleaser, and it is also a perfect GOLO meal! Try this healthier take on it today!
Sheppard’s Pie with Sweet Potato
Makes 6 servings
Each serving contains: 2 proteins, 1 carb, 1 veg, 1 fat
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- Sea salt & black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. basil
- ½ tsp. oregano
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 cups kale, torn into small pieces
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, baked or boiled
- 2 egg
- 4 tbsp. butter
- In a skillet, brown the ground turkey.
- Add all seasonings, stir to combine and transfer to a large bowl.
- Sauté the onion and kale in the same skillet until slightly soft, remove from skillet and add to the meat mixture.
- Add the mixed vegetables to the skillet, cover and heat on low.
- While the vegetables are cooking, mash the cooked sweet potatoes with butter until smooth. Add salt to taste.
- When the vegetables are done, transfer to the bowl with the meat mixture. Add the egg and stir to combine.
- Pour the meat/vegetable mixture into a 9×13 baking dish and spread the mashed sweet potatoes over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
GOLO® is committed to providing you with the helpful tips and resources needed for personal success on a lifelong journey of health and wellness. It’s time to become #YourBestYou.
Visit GOLO.com to access all the weight loss tools GOLO has to offer!
GOLO is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any illness or disease. This blog provides general information and discussion about health and wellness related subjects. The words and other content provided in this blog, and in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. GOLO encourages you to consult a doctor before making any health changes, especially any changes related to a specific diagnosis or condition. All opinions and articles linked to and from this page are those of the individuals concerned and do not necessarily represent those of GOLO, LLC or its employees. No responsibility can be accepted for any action you take or refrain from taking as a result of viewing this page. GOLO will not be liable for any errors, losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.