We all love our overnight oats and oatmeal. They are quick, filling and delicious! Until now, the only ones we have shared with you are sweet – made with honey, fruit, cinnamon, and other sweet flavors. So today, I thought I’d introduce you all to the world of savory overnight oats and oatmeal!
Please note that these are not GOLO recipes, so you will need to adjust them to fit our meal plan. Remember, ½ cup cooked oatmeal = 1 serving of carbs. If you measure it before cooking, it is ¼ cup uncooked because as it cooks (or sets overnight) it absorbs the liquid and expands to the full serving size. For the recipes that include both oats and beans, make sure you do not use more than ½ cup of each, so that you don’t exceed 2 carbs allowed for breakfast.
• Cheddar & Herb Overnight Oats- http://sinfulnutrition.com/cheddar-herb-savory-overnight-o…/
• Spicy Black Bean Overnight Oats- http://sinfulnutrition.com/spicy-black-bean-overnight-oats…/
• Turmeric Chickpea Oats- https://www.thefullhelping.com/savory-turmeric-chickpea-oa…/
• Spinach Steel Cut Oatmeal- http://uprootkitchen.com/…/savory-spinach-steel-cut-oatmeal/
• Cheesy Steel Cut Oats with Fried Egg and Avocado- https://zenandspice.com/savory-steel-cut-oatmeal-avocado/
• Mediterranean Oats- https://beccasgreenkitchen.wordpress.com/…/mediterranean-s…/
• Ginger Mushroom Oatmeal- https://www.macheesmo.com/savory-ginger-mushroom-oatmeal/
Who said oatmeal has to be sweet? Would you try any of these? Let us know in the comments below!
GOLO is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any illness or disease. This blog provides general information and discussion about health and wellness related subjects. The words and other content provided in this blog, and in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. GOLO encourages you to consult a doctor before making any health changes, especially any changes related to a specific diagnosis or condition. All opinions and articles linked to and from this page are those of the individuals concerned and do not necessarily represent those of GOLO, LLC or its employees. No responsibility can be accepted for any action you take or refrain from taking as a result of viewing this page. GOLO will not be liable for any errors, losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.