Calling all chocolate lovers! Today, we bring to you a unique recipe- “Red Velvet” Beet Mini Muffins! You get all of the red chocolatey goodness without the artificial colors! This recipe makes about 10-12 mini muffins. Let’s get into it:
• ½ cup pureed beets
• ¼ cup creamy cashew butter
• ¼ cup cocoa powder
• 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup
• ¼ tsp. baking powder
• ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
• 1 large egg
• 2 tbsp. dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Peel the beets and cut in half, then boil for 30 minutes or until soft (if you purchase precooked beets, skip this step)
3. Place the softened beets, cashew butter, cocoa powder, maple syrup, baking powder, and vanilla extract into a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth. Add egg directly to mixture and pulse until well combined.
4. Add the chocolate chips
5. Pour one tbsp. of batter into each mold of a greased mini muffin pan
6. Bake 15-20 minutes
GOLO® is committed to providing you with the helpful tips and resources needed for personal success on a lifelong journey of health and wellness. It’s time to become #YourBestYou. Be sure to check back in next Monday for some more #MealPrep tips!
Visit GOLO.com to access all the health, wellness & weight loss tools GOLO has to offer!
GOLO is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any illness or disease. This blog provides general information and discussion about health and wellness related subjects. The words and other content provided in this blog, and in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. GOLO encourages you to consult a doctor before making any health changes, especially any changes related to a specific diagnosis or condition. All opinions and articles linked to and from this page are those of the individuals concerned and do not necessarily represent those of GOLO, LLC or its employees. No responsibility can be accepted for any action you take or refrain from taking as a result of viewing this page. GOLO will not be liable for any errors, losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.