There are a lot of things that we can do in order to feel refreshed and renewed. Drinking tea is one of them! There are many types of tea available with many different benefits. Let’s look at a few:
1. Cleanse and detox – Teas are made with herbs, and many of them are full of antioxidant properties. Herbs like milk thistle and dandelion have been used for hundreds of years to help nourish the body. Ginger, mint and turmeric are herbs that your digestive system with thank you for.
2. Reducing Sugar and Weight Loss – We all know that excessive amounts of sugar can be a danger to one’s health. The great thing about tea is that although most taste sweet, they are a complete guilt-free indulgence. Teas and herbs can also help with weight loss. Green tea and matcha are known to speed up your metabolism and cinnamon can help alleviate cravings. Tea can also give us energy, which means we will be motivated to be more active.
3. Restore – Everyday tasks can take a toll on our bodies. Herbs like rooibos can help detoxify and balance potassium and sodium, which can allow our body to recover from everyday stress. Turmeric also has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help with swelling and pain. Holy basil (yes, that is the actual name), is another powerful herb that can help the body endure the physical strain of exercising, all while increasing endurance and energy.
4. Hydrate – We are always told to stay hydrated! This is essential to our overall health. Some teas, such as hibiscus and rooibos are very hydrating and also delicious!
5. Relax – There comes a point during the day when we just want to relax. Teas steeped with lavender, chamomile, holy basil or rose petals give off calming aromas and relax our mind and our bodies.
Out of all the things you can do for yourself, treating yourself to tea is one of the best. What is your favorite type of tea? Let us know in the comments!
GOLO® is committed to providing you with the helpful tips and resources needed for personal success on a lifelong journey of health and wellness. It’s time to become #YourBestYou.
Visit GOLO.com to access all the weight loss tools GOLO has to offer!
GOLO is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any illness or disease. This blog provides general information and discussion about health and wellness related subjects. The words and other content provided in this blog, and in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. GOLO encourages you to consult a doctor before making any health changes, especially any changes related to a specific diagnosis or condition. All opinions and articles linked to and from this page are those of the individuals concerned and do not necessarily represent those of GOLO, LLC or its employees. No responsibility can be accepted for any action you take or refrain from taking as a result of viewing this page. GOLO will not be liable for any errors, losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.