Yes, you can eat out on GOLO!! This time of year, eating out is not only more common but sometimes unavoidable. Want some tips on where to go and what to eat when you get there? Keep reading…
Many times, local (non-chain) restaurants will serve healthier options, so always keep that in mind, but in order to assist our customers, we have scoured the menus of popular restaurants to come up with some decent dining out options. Keep in mind that not all of these meals are going to be perfect and whenever you eat in a restaurant, you are going to consume excess sodium but we have listed below the best options at each of the restaurants listed.
Sit-down dining options:
- Sweet & Savory Grilled Chicken– grilled chicken served on a bed of cranberry-pecan rice and quinoa with a Granny Smith apple cucumber relish and lemon vinaigrette, add a side of veggies
- Grilled Chicken Breast– Add a baked potato and veggies on the side
- Balsamic Chicken Apple Salad– grilled chicken on a bed of fresh greens tossed with honey balsamic vinaigrette and topped with sliced almonds, Granny Smith apples, Parmesan cheese and balsamic glaze
- Big Tex Chicken Taco Salad– chipotle seasoned chicken, black bean corn salsa, a blend of Cheddar cheeses, house-made pico de gallo and chopped cilantro – all topped with sour cream and guacamole
- 6 oz. top sirloin– Add potatoes and broccoli on the side
California Pizza Kitchen
- Bahn Mi Bowl– quinoa, baby kale, cilantro & mint topped with grilled chicken, watermelon radishes, avocado, cucumbers, carrots, bean sprouts, scallions and sesame seeds. Served with house made chili-lime vinaigrette and serrano peppers
- Shanghai Bowl – Seared shrimp with
black heirloom rice, baby broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, carrots and
- Ask for the Shanghai sauce on the side
- Santa Fe Bowl – Cilantro farro and
spinach topped with lime chicken, tomatoes, sweet corn, black beans, red
cabbage, fresh avocado, poblano peppers and toasted pepitas.
- Ask for the Pobalno Ranch dressing on the side
- California Veggie Pizza – Broccolini, eggplant, Cremini mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, roasted corn, red onions and Mozzarella.
- Mix & Match Fajitas
- Bacon Avocado Grilled Chicken Sandwich – ask for the cilantro-pesto mayo on the side
- California Turkey Club – ask for the cilantro-pesto mayo on the side
- Spicy Shrimp Tacos
Buffalo Wild Wings
- Snack-size traditional wings– buffalo wings, add extra carrots and celery on side
- Street Tacos– tortillas, grilled chicken, pico de gallo, southwestern ranch, cilantro. Add a side salad.
- Veggie Burger– ancient grain &
quinoa patty, swiss cheese, tomato bruschetta salsa, avocado, garlic aioli,
romaine on a multigrain bun, bottomless steamed broccoli on the side.
- You can also order this burger with a lettuce leaf bun
- 6 oz. Top Sirloin– steamed broccoli, grilled zucchini, or green beans and a baked potato on the side
- Chicken Fresco– grilled chicken topped with tomatoes, lemon butter and balsamic vinaigrette. Steamed broccoli, grilled zucchini or green beans and a baked potato on the side.
- Grilled Salmon– steamed broccoli, grilled zucchini, or green beans and a baked potato on the side
- Shrimp Parmesan– jumbo shrimp coated with breadcrumbs, pomodoro sauce, romano and mozzarella, add a side salad
- Tomato Basil Salmon– wood grilled and topped with tomato basil vinaigrette, add mashed potatoes and broccoli on the side
Any Pizza Restaurant
- Pizza– thin crust, with veggies (1 slice and add a side salad)
Any Steakhouse (Outback, Texas Roadhouse, Longhorn etc.)
- 6 oz. steak, add vegetable and baked potato on the side
Quick Serve / Fast Food options:
- Burrito Bowl– chicken/steak/carne asada, brown rice, black beans, guacamole, cheese, fajita veggies, romaine lettuce
Moe’s Southwest Grill
- Quinoa Bowl– quinoa, brown rice, zucchini, sweet potato, & chicken. Add guacamole for extra veggies.
- Burrito Bowl– rice, beans, olives, cilantro, corn pico, onions, tomatoes, guacamole, pico de gallo, cheese, lettuce, steak/chicken
- Signature Chicken Lettuce Wraps– chicken, shiitake mushrooms, water chestnuts, scallions, garlic and soy sauce, served over crispy rice sticks with iceberg lettuce.
- Asian Chopped Chicken Salad– white meat chicken with mixed greens, carrots, tomatoes, red bell peppers, cilantro, scallions, crispy wontons and sesame seeds in a ginger sesame vinaigrette. Add brown rice on the side.
- Green Goddess Cobb Salad with Chicken (dressing on the side)
- Modern Greek Salad with Quinoa (dressing on the side)
- Caesar Salad (dressing on the side)
- Roasted Turkey Apple and Cheddar Sandwich
- Roasted Turkey and Avocado BLT
- Toasted Tuscan Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- Modern Caprese Sandwich
- Coffee– regular coffee, cappuccinos, lattes (no flavored syrups – whole milk or half & half)
- Protein Boxes– fruit, eggs, nuts cheese
- Lentils & Vegetable Protein Bowl w/ Brown Rice– lentils, butternut squash and roasted tomatoes are served over brown rice with lemon-tahini dressing, then topped with crunchy sunflower seeds.
- Chicken & Quinoa Protein Bowl w/ Black Beans & Greens– grilled chicken tossed with a medium-spiced chili vinaigrette mixed with fresh greens, tomatoes, roasted corn, black beans, jicama, paprika and cotija
- Spinach, Feta & Egg White Wrap– egg whites, spinach, feta cheese and tomatoes inside a whole wheat wrap
- Stirfry– Sesame Garlic, Spicy
Garlic, Harvest Soba, Create-Your-Own
- Order your sauce on the side so you can control the amount you add
- Salads– Walnut St. Noodle, Cobb, Waldorf, Create-Your-Own
Noodles & Company
- Zucchetti Garlic & Wine Sauce with Grilled Chicken– zucchini noodles and spaghetti in white wine garlic sauce with grilled chicken, roasted zucchini, Roma tomato, spinach, onion and basil, with parmesan and lemon.
- Zucchini Pesto with Grilled Chicken– zucchini noodles with basil pesto and garlic, cream, grilled chicken, mushrooms, tomato and parmesan.
- Pad Thai– Rice noodle stir-fry with scrambled egg, napa and red cabbage, citrus, peanuts, green onions and cilantro.
- Chicken, Salmon, Steak, Shrimp Kabobs
- Cauliflower Rice Bowl– chilled cauliflower rice with tzatziki, Israeli skhug, feta, cucumber, and fresh dill
- Greens & Grains Bowl– rice, romaine, and kale, topped with cherry tomato, cucumber, marinated slaw, feta, tzatziki, crispy chickpeas, and Lemon Herb Tahini
- Power Grain Bowl– quinoa, lentils, and farro, topped with roasted vegetables, marinated slaw, feta, and Lemon Herb Tahini
- Modern Greek Salad– romaine and kale topped with crispy chickpeas, cherry tomato, cucumber, red onion, olives, feta, and Greek Vinaigrette
- Little cheeseburger– lettuce, onion, tomato, mushrooms, green peppers
- Nutty Mixed-Up Salad– chicken breast, organic field greens, grapes, feta, nuts, dried cranberries, raisins, pumpkin seeds, organic apples
- Mesa Chicken Salad– chicken breast, mixed salad greens, cheddar, grape tomatoes, chopped avocado, roasted corn and black bean mix
- Amy’s Turkey-O Sandwich– Roasted turkey breast, sliced avocado, jalapeño pepper jack, red onions, Roma tomatoes, leafy lettuce, stone-ground mustard, on a toasted onion bun, add the salad bar on the side
- Bigger, Better BLT– Bacon, lettuce, Roma tomatoes, egg, mayo, avocado slices, toasted multigrain wheat.
- Salad bar – choose from their large salad bar to create your own salad
- Grilled Chicken Wrap– grilled chicken breast wrapped in a flour tortilla with crisp spring mix, shredded cheddar cheese (dressing on the side)
- Baked Potato
- Side Caesar or Garden Salad
Jack in the Box
- Chicken Fajita Pita– whole grain pita filled with grilled chicken, cheddar cheese, grilled onions and tomatoes with a side of fire roasted salsa
- Egg McMuffin– English muffin with egg, cheese and Canadian bacon
- Side Salad – order dressing on the side
- Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad – order dressing on the side
- Broccoli Beef– sides: half steamed veggies and half brown rice
- Mushroom Chicken – sides:add half steamed veggies and half brown rice
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken – sides:half steamed veggies and half brown rice
- Eggplant Tofu – sides: half steamed veggies and half brown rice
GOLO® is committed to providing you with the helpful tips and resources needed for personal success on a lifelong journey of health and wellness. It’s time to become #YourBestYou.
Visit GOLO.com to access all the weight loss tools GOLO has to offer!
GOLO is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any illness or disease. This blog provides general information and discussion about health and wellness related subjects. The words and other content provided in this blog, and in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. GOLO encourages you to consult a doctor before making any health changes, especially any changes related to a specific diagnosis or condition. All opinions and articles linked to and from this page are those of the individuals concerned and do not necessarily represent those of GOLO, LLC or its employees. No responsibility can be accepted for any action you take or refrain from taking as a result of viewing this page. GOLO will not be liable for any errors, losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
Disclaimer: Please consult with a physician before beginning any exercise program. No information is to be taken as medical advice pertaining to any individual specific health or medical condition. By participating in this program, you are agreeing that you are practicing at your own risk and do not hold GOLO responsible to any and all losses, liabilities, injuries or damages resulting from any and all claims.