Have you ever heard of elderberry? It has been popping up a lot lately, but it dates back thousands of years. In fact, archaeological excavations have found large numbers of the seeds at prehistoric sites, dating back to around 17,000 years ago. There are many medicinal traits of this herb, including:
• Strengthens immune system- have strong antibacterial and anti-infectious properties and is often used to ward off the flu and colds (go here for recipe for elderberry syrup- https://realfoodrn.com/homemade-elderberry-syrup/)
• Improves respiratory health- can also help sore throat and cough due to the anti-inflammatory properties and the ability to help clear mucus
• Aids digestion- high fiber content helps to prevent constipation and gas, and also can increase the nutrition uptake of your gut
• Helps to regulate blood sugar- antioxidants work with the pancreas to regulate insulin and glucose levels
• Improve bone health- antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds can alleviate joint pain and the high levels of essential minerals can promote bone strength and the development of new bone tissue
It seems like this herb may not be a bad idea to try, since we are approaching cold and flu season. Have you ever heard of elderberries or made elderberry syrup? Let us know below!
GOLO® is committed to providing you with the helpful tips and resources needed for personal success on a lifelong journey of health and wellness. It’s time to become #YourBestYou.
Visit GOLO.com to access all the weight loss tools GOLO has to offer!
GOLO is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any illness or disease. This blog provides general information and discussion about health and wellness related subjects. The words and other content provided in this blog, and in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. GOLO encourages you to consult a doctor before making any health changes, especially any changes related to a specific diagnosis or condition. All opinions and articles linked to and from this page are those of the individuals concerned and do not necessarily represent those of GOLO, LLC or its employees. No responsibility can be accepted for any action you take or refrain from taking as a result of viewing this page. GOLO will not be liable for any errors, losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.