Today’s post includes a recipe for Chickpea “Omelets”, a good option for vegans or anyone who wants to try something new. It can be made for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Before you try this recipe, you will need to make chickpea flour. Don’t worry, it’s easy! All you have to do is dry some chickpeas, and add them to a food processor or blender so that they get ground up. After that, sift the flour to remove any large pieces that didn’t break up.
Makes 3 omelets
• 1 cup water
• 1 cup chickpea flour
• ½ tsp. onion powder
• ½ tsp. garlic powder
• ¼ tsp. paprika
• ¼ tsp. black pepper
• 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
• ½ tsp. baking soda
• 3 green onions, chopped
• 4 ounces sautéed mushrooms
1. Mix together the chickpea flour, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, nutritional yeast and baking soda in a small bowl. Add 1 cup water and stir until the batter is smooth.
2. Heat a pan over medium heat. Pour the batter into the pan, like you would with pancake batter. Sprinkle 1 to 2 tbsp. of the green onions and mushrooms into the batter for each omelet as they cook. Flip the omelet. When it is browned, flip it again and cook the other side for about a minute.
3. Enjoy with salsa, spinach, hot sauce or whatever else you like!
GOLO® is committed to providing you with the helpful tips and resources needed for personal success on a lifelong journey of health and wellness. It’s time to become #YourBestYou.
Visit GOLO.com to access all the weight loss tools GOLO has to offer!