Cauliflower really is a chameleon vegetable. It can be transformed into rice, pizza crust and in today’s Meal Prep recipe – tortillas! This will be especially helpful for people who are gluten free or are on GOLO’s Reset 7 plan. Try them filled with scrambled eggs, taco meat or just eat them by themselves!
*This recipe makes about 6 tortillas
• 2 cups riced cauliflower (grated by hand or run through the food processor)
• 2 eggs
• ¼ cup chopped cilantro
• Juice and zest from ½ a lime
• 1 tsp. garlic powder
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Place the riced cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes, stir, and microwave again for another 2 minutes.
3. Remove from the microwave and place the cauliflower in cheesecloth or a thin dish towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible (be very careful not to burn yourself during this step).
4. In a large bowl, whisk the 2 eggs, then add in the cauliflower, cilantro, lime zest & juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
5. Using your hands, roll 6 small balls of ‘dough’ and press onto pan to create tortillas.
6. Bake for 10 minutes, carefully flip each tortilla using a spatula, and place back into the oven for an additional 5-7 minutes or until tortillas are completely set. Cool slightly.
7. Heat a medium sized skillet over medium heat. Placed one of the tortillas in the pan, pressing on it slightly, and brown for about 1-2 minutes on each side. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
GOLO® is committed to providing you with the helpful tips and resources needed for personal success on a lifelong journey of health and wellness. It’s time to become #YourBestYou.
Be sure to check back in next Monday for some more #MealPrepMonday tips!
Visit GOLO.com to access all the weight loss tools GOLO has to offer!