It’s likely that you have heard of pH balances before. pH stands for “potential hydrogen” and it measures the acidity of substances. If there is a pH over 7, that substance is alkaline. If it is below 7, that substance is acidic.A substance with a pH of 7 is neutral.
But did you know that bodies can also be alkaline or acidic? The healthier body is an alkaline body. Acidic bodies are prone to illness, bacteria and yeast.
Signs that your body is too acidic-
• Yeast fungal overgrowth
• Chronic fatigue
• Heart problems
• Weight gain
• Bladder/kidney infections
• Premature aging
• Joint pain
Acidic foods to avoid-
• certain dairy products
• processed foods
• processed meats
• sodas and other sweetened beverages
• high-protein foods and supplements
Foods that can help balance your pH-
• unsweetened yogurt and milk
• most vegetables
• most fruits
• herbs and spices, excluding salt, mustard, and nutmeg
• beans and lentils
• some whole grains, such quinoa
• herbal teas
• fats like olive oil, avocados, nuts, and seeds
There also other ways to alkalize your body-
• Reduce your stress levels
• Coconut oil
• Drink lemon/lime water
• Baking soda water- mix a tsp. of natural baking soda into a cup of water and drink it first thing in the morning
GOLO® is committed to providing you with the helpful tips and resources needed for personal success on a lifelong journey of health and wellness. It’s time to become #YourBestYou.
Visit GOLO.com to access all the health, wellness & weight loss tools GOLO has to offer!