Lemons can be used for all sorts of things, but did you know that the peels are really useful too?
- Adding a lemon peel to your brown sugar can keep it from clumping
- Placing small slices of lemon peels along thresholds, windowsills and cracks can deter ants and other pests
- Place a lemon peel or two inside your fridge to absorb smells
- Throw a few lemon peels in the bottom of the trash can to absorb odors
- Add lemon peels to your dishwasher every now and then to help deodorize it
- Clean your tea kettle by adding thin slices of lemon peel to water, boiling it, turning off the heat, letting it sit for an hour and then drain.
- Clean your coffee pot by adding peels, ice and salt, whirling the mixture around for a minute or two and dump and rinse
- Throw a few lemon peels into your garbage disposal, flip the switch on (with the water running) and deodorize it
- Dry lemon peels and place them inside fabric sachets, add spices as desired and put in drawers to freshen
- Clean your stainless steel, polish your chrome and copper by sprinkling sea salt on the metal and rubbing a lemon peel to scrub away the dirt and grime
Do you know any other use for lemon peels? Let us know in the comments!
GOLO® is committed to providing you with the helpful tips and resources needed for personal success on a lifelong journey of health and wellness. It’s time to become #YourBestYou.
Visit GOLO.com to access all the weight loss tools GOLO has to offer!
GOLO is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any illness or disease. This blog provides general information and discussion about health and wellness related subjects. The words and other content provided in this blog, and in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. GOLO encourages you to consult a doctor before making any health changes, especially any changes related to a specific diagnosis or condition. All opinions and articles linked to and from this page are those of the individuals concerned and do not necessarily represent those of GOLO, LLC or its employees. No responsibility can be accepted for any action you take or refrain from taking as a result of viewing this page. GOLO will not be liable for any errors, losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.