Welcome to another edition of #TryThisThursday presented by GOLO!
Baths are relaxing, and sometimes just what you need after a long day. There are many things that can be added to your bath to enhance the experience. Here are our top 10 favorites!
1. Honey– helps moisturize skin. Add 1 tbsp. honey to 1 cup warm water, mix until it becomes runny and add that to a warm (not hot) bath.
2. Milk– contains vitamins and nutrients that will help hydrate your skin. Add a couple cups to a lukewarm bath.
3. Ginger– contains antibacterial properties that can help you if you’re dealing with the flu, a cold or congestion. Add ½ cup of freshly grated ginger or a rounded teaspoon of ginger powder in hot or warm water and soak for 15-20 minutes.
4. Baking Soda– soothes irritated skin, detoxes the body, and offers muscular pain relief. Pour ¼ cup of baking soda in your bath water and soak your body in it for 15 minutes.
5. Oatmeal– good for treating allergic reactions, itchy or dry skin. Add a cup of oatmeal to your bath and allow the mixture to sit for 15 minutes before getting in. Soak for at least 15 minutes.
6. Epsom Salt– Add Epsom salts to your bath to draw out toxins and relief muscle aches and exfoliate the skin.
7. Essential Oils– can provide stress relief, relaxation, promote sleep, and more. Just add a couple drops of your favorite oil to your bath water.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar– soothes painful sunburn, fights fungus, and soothes skin inflammation. Add one cup of ACV to your bathwater.
9. Herbs– can reduce stress, promote sleep, and relax the mind. Add dried herbs (rosemary, lavender, chamomile) directly to the bath or put into a cheesecloth and put it under your running water.
10. Lemon– can fade age spots and shrink pores. Add 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice to your tub and soak for 20 minutes.
Do you add anything to your bath that is not on this list? Let us know in the comments below!
GOLO® is committed to providing you with the helpful tips and resources needed for personal success on a lifelong journey of health and wellness. It’s time to become #YourBestYou.
Visit GOLO.com to access all the health, wellness & weight loss tools GOLO has to offer!
GOLO is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any illness or disease. This blog provides general information and discussion about health and wellness related subjects. The words and other content provided in this blog, and in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. GOLO encourages you to consult a doctor before making any health changes, especially any changes related to a specific diagnosis or condition. All opinions and articles linked to and from this page are those of the individuals concerned and do not necessarily represent those of GOLO, LLC or its employees. No responsibility can be accepted for any action you take or refrain from taking as a result of viewing this page. GOLO will not be liable for any errors, losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.